Wednesday, October 10, 2012

fake it 'til you make it

Hazel’s first day of ‘school’ was a success!  (as was her mama’s first day back at work)

I’m still amazed at how the time passed so quickly, but it felt like it’d been so long since I’d seen my coworkers, made the commute into downtown, and spent an entire day in front of a computer.  I’m so grateful for the warm welcome back I received yesterday… And for the fact that I work with so many other moms.  All day I was offered words of encouragement and plenty of opportunities to brag on my sweet baby.  Everyone kept telling me that it will get better, but the best advice I received?  That the missing them never gets getter, you just adapt.  For some reason, it’s more comforting to know that I won’t ever stop missing her.

I’m also incredibly grateful for not getting caught running 2 stop signs on my way to pick up Hazel after work (but let’s not tell Jeff about that part, okay?)  Her teachers are the best, and thankfully very patient with this new mama.  They gave her a glowing report… She did much better than most babies on their first full day! ::shameless mama brag::  Hardly any fussing, took several naps (including one long stretch of sleep!), and ate without a problem.

Despite how well we both did apart, the very best moment of my day was being back with Hazel…


So today, I’m faking it until I make it… or until I get to see this sweet face again in a few hours.   

 
  
                                                                    {Hazel before her 2nd day at 'school'}

No comments:

Post a Comment